Follow us on Twitter! @BlackOpsEmblems

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zool (By Request)

This request was to make the logo for Zool, a classic Amiga game:


I will probably be revisting this emblem in the future to see if I can do the entire Zool logo, but for now I just focused on getting the eyes down. That said, it took me all 12 layers to get a version of the eyes that I was happy with, so I'm not sure that an expanded logo is possible without dumbing down the eyes dramatically.

Layer 1/2: Circle, white (eye highlights)
Layer 3-6: Drop, black (put them end to end to create the pupils; you could theoretically use diamonds or thin ovals here to save two layers, but I didn't like the way those looked)
Layer 7: Diamond, black, sideways (trims layer 9)
Layer 8: Diamond, dark orange (makes the "angry" eyes)
Layer 9/10: Drop, light orange (eye balls)
Layer 11: Heart, dark orange, upside down (makes the border around the eyes)
Layer 12: Square, black (fills the entire canvas space)

No comments:

Post a Comment