Follow us on Twitter! @BlackOpsEmblems

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not-An-Emblem: Why I Deleted A Post

Let's get something out of the way. I don't use the Black Ops emblem editor to make most of the emblems you see here. Instead, I use an online PC tool that uses imagines imported from the PC version of Black Ops. Why do I do this? Because the tool is more feature-rich than the editor shipped with Black Ops. I can specify exactly what size I want a layer, exactly how many degrees I want to rotate it; etc. I don't have to fiddle with thumbsticks; I can more quickly get my vision onto the screen and play around with it.

99% of the time, the emblems I make in this tool will translate directly into the Black Ops emblem editor with no problem, and I try to double-check my work as much as possible. But occasionally one will slip by where the in-game editor handles the scaling of a particular layer in a subtely different way than the PC tool, making the emblem look different in the game that it does on my computer. I recently deleted my "Meat Boy & Bandage Girl" post for this very reason; when recreated in-game, the emblem didn't look right. And for that I apologize.

8 comments:

  1. Hehe, I tried that emblem after you first posted it and couldn't even get it close to looking right. Guess that explains it. Hope you can revisit Meat Boy in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a link to the PC tool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am French. Sorry if my English is approximate.

    Bravo for your work. Your graphics are great achievements.
    I also try to create emblems. But I do not have your talent :-)
    In your message. You talk about a software enabling the emblems.
    It is this software?
    Where can you find?

    Thank you in advance

    Ludovic

    Here is the original version of my text :

    "Bonjour,
    Je suis Français. Désolé si mon anglais reste approximatif.

    Bravo pour votre travail. Vos réalisations graphique sont magnifiques.
    J'essaie aussi de créer des emblèmes. Mais j'avoue ne pas avoir votre talent :-)
    Dans votre message. Vous parlez d'un logiciel permettant de réaliser des emblèmes.
    Qu'elle est ce logiciel ?
    Où peut-on le trouver ?

    Merci d'avance

    Ludovic"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an online tool here:
    http://www.gamexe.net/codbo/playercard/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much.

    Cool for responding so quickly;-)

    Ludovic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted that because for me its hard to make it by reading this. Its easier to see and refer too by using the ingame one. But nevermind. Its not like i cant live without the emblems here. Thanks though for posting stuff =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said, the tool is 99% accurate (literally; out of ~100 emblems, only one has had any issues). I vet almost everything that goes out juts in case, but if anything slips through that physically can't be made in the in-game editor, I'll edit/remove it as necessary

    ReplyDelete
  8. any way to get the pictures bigger? like make them clickable so we can see the details better and have an easier time to make them?

    ReplyDelete