Follow us on Twitter! @BlackOpsEmblems

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Marsupilami (By Request)


This one came in by request, and I actually had to do some research to figure out who it was. I hadn't ever heard of this character before, but a quick Google image search gave me this:

I really wanted to incorporate his tail into the emblem, as did the requester, but after playing around with it over and over again, I couldn't figure out how to build in his tail and make it look good both in the large and small versions of the emblem, especially given the 12-layer limit. So I went with this image as my inspiration:


And so here's the tutorial:

Layer 1/2: Thin Oval, yellow (tips of ears)
Layer 3: Grin, black
Layer 4: Thin oval, sideways black (nose)
Layer 5: Thin oval, sideways orange (face)
Layer 6: Notes, black, upside down (just pokes out from behind the face to make eye dots)
Layer 7: Heart, white, eyes
Layer 8/9: Paw Print, black (use these to make the spots on his face)
Layer 10: Medium oval, sideways, yellow (head)
Layer 11/12: Curved line, large, yellow (ears)

No comments:

Post a Comment